5 Great Reasons To Move To Pasir Panjang
5 Great Reasons To Move To Pasir Panjang
Picture Pasir Panjang. What do you think of? If it’s shipping containers and warehouses, you’d be surprised to find that image is changing rapidly. Pasir Panjang literally means ‘long sand’ in Malay – a nod to the long, sandy beach that lined the coast before the land was reclaimed as a container port. In the recent years, a boost in development has turned this quaint neighbourhood into one that’s great for both investors as well as residents.
Here are 5 reasons you should consider moving to Pasir Panjang:
1. It’s teeming with history, culture and nature.
Food is easily Singapore’s number 1 obsession and Holland Village doesn’t disappoint. You can practically take a gastronomical trip around the world by walking around the neighbourhood.
You may have seen this story in history books: how Allied defenders made a heroic stand against invaders during World War 2 on the slopes of Pasir Panjang at present-day Kent Ridge Park. This historical battle site is now home to robust cultural development – filled with memorials, museums and attractions such as:
• Reflections at Bukit Chandu, a heritage centre
• Gillman Barracks, a contemporary arts cluster
• Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
You’ll find plenty of parks nearby for you to rest, relax and reflect on the stories that shaped Singapore’s history. Try:
• Kent Ridge Park
• Mount Faber Park
Pasir Panjang holds on to its past dearly, but today…
2. It’s home to modern lifestyle enclaves.
Times change, and Pasir Panjang is changing for the better. Its strategic location puts it within reach of amenities and activities, including:
• Shopping at VivoCity and Harbourfront Centre
• Rollercoaster rides at Universal Studios
• Beach activities at Sentosa
Head north and you’ll find an eclectic selection of traditional and artisanal dining, shopping and drinking establishments. Be sure to check out:
• Holland Village
• Demsey Hill
• Rochester Park
What if you have kids? Or if you’re looking to rent a home out to students? You’ll be glad to know…
3. It’s made for work and study.
The less time you spend commuting, the more time you have for yourself. Pasir Panjang is increasingly sought-after for how close it is to Mapletree Business City and one-north business park. However, it’s not just the workforce that’s turning its head towards this neighbourhood.
Pasir Panjang is a great place for local and foreign students alike. The highly-regarded National University of Singapore is flanked by the National University Hospital, with INSEAD Asia Campus situated a couple of kilometres north.
No student-friendly neighbourhood would be complete without exciting food and finds. Luckily for you…
4. It’s right next to Pasir Panjang Wholesale Centre.
This 24-hour market hall with over 1,400 stalls spread across 26 blocks needs little introduction. Here, you can get fresh fruits and vegetables at great prices all day, every day.
When you’re done stocking up your pantry for the week, more gems are waiting for you to seek out:
• Embark on gastronomical adventures at Pasir Panjang Food Centre
• Sip hand-crafted coffee while immersing yourself in a book at On The Table
If all of these seem great, we’re happy to tell you…
5. It’s only getting better in the near future.
Plans are in place to transform the whole area into the Greater Southern Waterfront. For a sense of scale, it’s set to be three times the size of Marina Bay! There’s no doubt this quaint neighbourhood is set to become prime real estate.
Pasir Panjang is built on its rich history and charm. Paired with upcoming transformative developments, moving here is a prudent investment as the value of properties in Pasir Panjang is projected to increase. To start, be sure to check out these properties located at or near Pasir Panjang:
• Horizon Residences
• Royal Palm Mansions
Bijou - A freehold Far East SOHO development strategically located in a tranquil spot across Pasir Panjang MRT Station.
- Rise of Pasir Panjang: https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2016/7/130949/eye-on-pasir-panjang-the-south-is-rising
- Development boost: https://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/hdb/pasir-panjang-set-to-get-boost-from-master-plan/a/159736